A random list of things and shower thoughts that an old guy (who still thinks he’s 20) finds cool or worth pondering.
- As an RN, my day looks like this: Wake at 0500 (or 0400 if working out). Out the door at 0620. End my shift and leave at 2000 or 2030 (8:30pm). Walk in the door and decontaminate and change. Inhale food. Watch approximately 15 minutes of news then bed. Repeat x3 days.
- The flu season has not yet peaked.
- The Grand Canyon has a new Junior park ranger. She’s 103. I’ve only seen the Canyon once and it was identical to the movie Vacation. We were driving to Oklahoma in the winter. My sister and I begged to detour to see it. We litterally pulled in, got out of the car and looked for fifteen minutes and left because it was so cold.
- Netflix is usually a wasteland of straight to DVD films, but we stumbled upon this one by accident. The Way with Martin Sheen. Excellent.
- I’m in search of a small (pocket sized) penlight that has a low lumen level for eye exams. Every one I’ve used so far doesn’t survive being dropped or dies within a month or so.
- I’m fasinated by how massive the diet industry is. People literally are desparate for someone to tell them what to eat. And what they seem to really want is the magic bullet – “Eat this super food for 12 days and loose 25 pounds!”
- I’m not making fun of a sad mental health issue (well, I guess I am), but if you’re going to end it all by jumping off a building… make sure it’s tall enough. The end outcome may not be what you wanted. Pro tip, five stories isn’t high enough.
Song of the day: Kid Rock “Bawitdaba”