A random list of things and shower thoughts that an old guy (who still thinks he’s 20) finds cool or worth pondering.
- The problem with the gun control debate, as is the case with so many things in government, is that it’s busy solving the wrong problem. The gold standard should be to apply the law retroactively to all the high profile shootings and ask, “would this have stopped it?” In virtually every case the answer is no. So why continue with feel good measures that only impact the 99.9% of law abiding gun owners?
- Found a great Netflix series, Black Mirror. There are four seasons of independent episodes – think modern Twilight Zone. Worth your time.
- Had to spend $1800 to have a crew remove snow from my roof. Was getting seriously worried about the weight. Lesson learned for next year.
- Had a patient who has complete left side hemiparesis from a new stroke tell me: “when I fart now it’s the strangest feeling… only one butt cheek flaps”.
- I just heard about the #learntocode controversy on twitter. More to come on this. The fact that our outrage culture has an issue with this amuses me. The thought that Twitter is banning people because of it is disturbing.
- Wingsuit flyers. Yeah, no thanks. Cool to watch though.
- One more storm, then forecast for March is dry and warmer. I see some serious vitamin D, spring skiing in my future.
- I mentioned melanoma before. Scared me enough that I have my first ever dermatology appointment in two weeks.
Song of the day: Amerie “Thing”