A random list of things and shower thoughts that an old guy (who still thinks he’s 20) finds cool or worth pondering.
- My new favorite way of thinking critically about things is a statement from Scott Adams. When you read or hear something that doesn’t jibe with your point of view, ask yourself – what would it take to change my mind?
- Sympathy level for Hoda Muthana… zero.
- Something Tim Ferris said got me doubting I was in ketosis. Per my new monitor I’m at 1.3 mmol/l this morning. Not definitive and needs more data, but I feel better that I’m on the right track. Next up, blood lipids.
- A patient had an odd skin blemish on the forehead that turned into a melanoma that metastasized in the brain. I will be making an appointment with a dermatologist today.
- Yo, politicians and journalists who were early to jump on the Smollett issue – if you aren’t publicly apologizing or admitting you were wrong, you’re an intellectual fraud and a blindly biased hack.
- My new skis are ready today. I’m giddy like a little schoolgirl.
- A week until I hit Hawaii where it’s currently 72, which is not the same as the current 14. Damn global warming.
Song of the day: Dirty Heads “Swim Team”