A random list of things and shower thoughts that an old guy (who still thinks he’s 20) finds cool or worth pondering.
- Listened to a fantastic podcast about twitter and general journalism group think. The interviewee is a journalist I wasn’t familiar with, Tim Pool. Following him now.
- Our debt is now $22 trillion. The debt service alone is greater than the federal budget of Canada and Mexico.
- I find it odd we’re willing to dump billions of dollars in aid to foreign countries… but not do the same for failing cities like Detroit.
- There’s a guy who walks a three legged dog through my alleyway every morning. There must be some deep meaning there.
- We had a bonfire in the snow last night with my nephew. I was kinda grumpy about it because the temp was in the teens. We ended up having a lot of fun. Sometimes the simplest things are the best.
- For the aforementioned bonfire, we used a Solo stove. Can’t speak highly enough about these. Great product.
- This is now the third patient I’ve had that decided to kill themselves via a gun… and ended up paralyzed instead. I can’t imagine mentally making the first decision, let alone the emotional weight of waking up and finding yourself even worse off. That’s heavy.
- It’s hard to describe how happy it makes me to spend time cross country skiing with my dog. Putting the little skis on him is a pain though.
Song of the day: You know why – Trent Cantrelle